Calculate and record discounts and promotions with Triumph ERP Special Pricing Module
In highly competitive industries, it’s important that you keep your customers happy. A lack of flexibility to customise pricing may result in customers walking out the door. While most software solutions do allow you to offer an alternative price from a list price or a discount on the full price, they often leave little room to tailor-make prices for customers. Triumph ERP’s Special Pricing module gives you the ability to negotiating specials prices with your best customers, as well as create short-term promotions.
To supplement the six levels of pricing in the Triumph ERP Inventory module, The Special Pricing module allows you to factor in an unlimited number of pricing combinations. You can create special prices for one customer, all customers, or a group of customers, and can relate to one stock item, all stock items, or a group of stock items. Time-based promotions are easy to set-up, and can last for a day, a week, a month or indefinitely. The normal customer discount can be controlled on each special price, and based on either the special price or the normal stock price.
There are five different ways you can offer a discount in the Special Pricing module. They are:
- Set a Price – gives you the ability to set a customised price for a customer or price match a competitor.
- Offer a new price from the price list – gives you the ability to offer a better price from the six levels of pricing often reversed for larger clients.
- Discount by percentage – gives you the ability to offer a discount based on percentage. This is often the best option as it works on margin, and system will continue to offer the marked percentage even if there are changes to its price or costs.
- Quantity break – give you the ability to offer discounts based on the size of the purchases. For example, if a customer purchases 100 items they will receive a 10% discount. If they buy 200 items they will receive a 20% discount.
- Cost Plus – gives you the ability to offer a cost-plus discount, often reserved and used by employees.
- The Special Pricing module seamlessly integrates with Inventory, Debtors, Sales Order Entry and Point of Sale modules
- Special prices can be set for cash or account customers only, or for B2B web portal or point of sale customers only
- When there is an overlapping of special pricing, the system will apply the promotion that will achieve the best price
- The system can trace how a price was given – by identifying the product code, customer code, date, and quantity, the system can pin point the special price that gave the customer the best price
Negotiated prices and time-based promotions are easily set-up.